Today I’m highlighting a script I wrote that will check sites for SSL problems. You can hand it a file with hard-coded domains, or you can pass domains in as arguments. I wrote a complementary script that will find all the vhosts on the current server.
It’s essentially a curl command with some formatting. First, it checks the domain name itself. If that passes, it checks for a random subdomain.
I had it include the curl time in the output because some domains were taking longer than others and I was interested to see where the slowdown was. Not that it does any troubleshooting, I just thought it was interesting to know.